Vivid Seats - Lack of Transparency with actual Sales Price: USD NOT SHOWN

I placed an order for 5 tickets to the ALDS: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays - Game 1 (Home Game 1) from on Thursday October 1, 2015 The order summary indicated the charge would be $1387.45.However, when I check my credit card statement I was charge $1910.17.

The credit card statement showed there was a conversion from USD to CAD. A set currency is not listed on site's main page (as is given with most legitimate online stores with international sale items and visitors), the ticket prices listed during the search and was not listed during every step of the purchasing process of the tickets. There was no indication or statement notifying me that the prices listed was in USD currency.My location was set to Toronto-ON, the tickets are for a stadium in a Canadian city. Additionally the majority of the people selling and purchasing tickets for this specific game are Canadian and expect to deal in Canadian currency unless otherwise explicitly stated.

Under Toronto Blue Jays Ticket Information, there is a price range given but no mention of the cost being in USD currency. This website which is based in the United States is intentionally deceiving international customers by not disclosing all information related to costs that might be incurred with purchasing tickets. I tried contacting the company via phone to speak to a customer service representative, I was met with an automated refusal to connect me with a representative to have my questions answered and resolve this issue. guarantees excellent customer support but I was denied a chance to speak with a representative and told my questions were not a priority based on the date of the event.

The site encourages individuals to call their customer support but yet does not provide help when this is done. It was a recorded message that forced anyone outside of a certain date to email instead. When I emailed customer support, Mike L. responded to my email and stated that it was disclosed at checkout that the price was in US currency.

This is a blatant lie and I have screen shots of the purchase summary which shows no currency was indicated and no warning was given that the price is subject to currency exchange. Mike L. also states customers are notified in the "Terms & Conditions" which is actually called the "Sales Terms & Conditions". It was NOT explicitly stated in the "Processing" section or "Ticket Purchase Policy" which is where consumers will look for this information.

Vivid Seats has intentionally mislead customers by making it difficult for the average international buyers and sellers to know what currency the site uses.Vivid Seats has also stated they will change or modify the "Sales Terms & Conditions" without notification meaning an international customer or even a domestic customer has no protection.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Vivid Seats Toronto Blue Jays Tickets
Review category
review #712606

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Vivid Seats? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 14, 2015 #1048493

Same issue, I was not aware that I was being charged in US funds. I would have and will use a Canadian site next time.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.