Rosemarie D Prx

Customer complaint

Vivid Seats - Customer complaint
Vivid Seats - Customer complaint - Image 2
Vivid Seats - Customer complaint - Image 3
I ordered tickets via your website for Paranormal Cirque for 05/09/2024. I was unable to download them because they didn't send me the correct information. I had to go to will call upon arrival, which took a significant amount of time, causing us to miss some of the show. I would like to be credited for that lost time. Also, they had the tickets listed under the wrong name which only exacerbated the situation. The customer service was extremely poor.
Cons:
  • Very unorganized and poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy tickets from vivid seats

Resolved
Rod S Wrx

Resolved: Warning for other consumers

Vivid Seats - Warning for other consumers
Updated by user Mar 22, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. The company declined every attempt at a refund.

I kept detailed screen shots and notes of every chat, telephone call, etc. that I had with Vivid Seats. I disputed the charge with my credit card.

Vivid seats challenged the dispute. I produced my documentation to the credit card company and was ultimately awarded the refund.

Updated by user Mar 15, 2024

Vivid challenged my credit card dispute. I countered the challenge with hard evidence and documentation. My credit card company ruled in my behalf and issued a full refund.

Original review Mar 15, 2024
BEWARE! DECEITFUL BUSINESS I do not often attend concerts and rarely offer reviews.

This is important to me, however. Vivid Seats website was the first to poplulate on my search for tickets for an event. It is clearly listed on the site that tickets are higher because it is a re-sale site. Thier ticket prices for**** in **** Florida were listed at $62 ea.

Box office price was $44.50. I assumed, incorrectly, that the higher price WAS the re-sale price; but learned the hard way there are totally hidden fees. Optional insurance is NOT included in Vivids final total nor listed as a line item leading you to believe that the higher checkout price includes insurance. But, insurance fees show up later on credit card as totally separate charges.

A very large service fee also does not show up anywhere in the billing process. It comes as a total surprise and only upon inquiry. Final fee I was charge is $88.38 / ticket times six tickets. They refuse all refund even mere hours following purchase and weeks prior to delivery.

If you phone Vivid to complain they will hang up. If you chat with them, they will provide you with a song and dance, but no refund. They suggested I use insurance to obtain a refund. Remember that the insurance is NOT for this purpose, but only applicable if the event is cancelled.

Copy your chat details or you will not be able to access them later. Document date, time, phone calls, everything with hard evidence. They will respond to every communication, including reviews, with sweet worthless words. They will challenge credit card disputes.

Only because I keep meticulous documentation including evidence, and fought back diligently was I able to win the dispute with my credit card company for a full refund.

I cancelled the insurance separately long BEFORE the event. AVOID THIS COMPANY.
Cons:
  • Ineffective customer service
  • Deceitful billing and charges
  • Unlisted fees

Preferred solution: Awareness of others to Vivid deceitful practices

User's recommendation: Avoid company unless you have full awareness that you will be charged large unpublished, unspecified fees.

Guest

What a pain for just trying to cheap out. Guess what ; "cheap" is not "cheap".

They get you one way or the other. Stick with the original issuing authority ; no third parties.

Will S Tms

No help at ALL

Original review Feb 25, 2024

I cant order tickets now because in 2020 during COVID Vivid Seats would not refund my cancelled game after the season was indeed cancelled on March 11. 48 days later on April 28 I seemed help from my credit company.

Now they classify me as a person that withheld payment. Cant make this up!!! They were even sued 7.2 million dollars for this same thing 5 days before I contacted my credit card company. They told me they were not told the regular season was canceled until sometime in May lol and Im listed as a person who withheld payment.

BS !!! So now they are withholding service to consumers lol get ready for another lawsuit.

423-736. 2622 if anyone cares enough to reach out!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service and problem resolution

Preferred solution: Compensation for the time I’ve had to put it over their wrongful doing and to be able to order tickets again

User's recommendation: Do not use these crooks

Guest

You're way past the statute of limitations for such a claim from 2020. At least in this state.

You've been blacklisted ; they don't need to explain that to anyone.

They did you a favor. Stay away from them based on past performance and buy tickets directly from the original issuance authority being aware that even that is not totally foolproof.

Monday O Ewt

Transfer issues

Vivid Seats - Transfer issues
I can't make transfer from my account when ever I'm about to transfer funds out from my vivid account it usually says something went wrong
Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Grant G Gzj

Absolute GARBAGE COMPANY!!!

Vivid Seats - Absolute GARBAGE COMPANY!!!
Updated by user Apr 30, 2024

Original review Apr 29, 2024
This company is the absolute WORST!!! I spent over $1k for tickets to an event & then had to resell them because the person I was going with cancelled.

I now have to wait 4 months to get my money back from Vivid Seats & I have to wait 4 months for the actual tickets to come to me so that I can transfer them to the buyer. Oh, and the tickets are expected to come to me the day before the event. So now I have a VERY small window to remember 4 months from now to send tickets over to someone the day before a show.
Absolute garbage company & they should be shut down.

If you are going to run a business like this, then you should be able to take on the responsibility of refunding people their money & also handling the transfer of tickets. You better believe I will be posting this review on every possible outlet to let people know how horrible VividSeats is.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Absolutely everything

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Run away as fast as you can

Resolved
SeungWoon S

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: #6120****, I didn’t receive a transfer email from seller about tomorrow game.

Vivid Seats - #6120****, I didn’t receive a transfer email from seller about tomorrow game.
Updated by user Apr 14, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Apr 07, 2024
Hello Team,
Im from Korea to watch tomorrows game what I bought from Vivid-seats reseller. The game will be started at 1PM, 4/7 but I still didnt receive any transfer informations from reseller.

Ive checked many times my email box including junk and spam but I cannot find it. Also I tried to contact your service center but just automated chatbot couldnt help me clearly.

I really hope to solve this issue before 10AM KST tomorrow(4/7). if not, I would like to ask your team to refund directly.
Please kindly look my current issue and contact with my ticket reseller ASAP then let me know about your teams answer.
My email : mtmpoint@***.com
Order ID : 6120****
Game Ticket : Oracle Park SF vs SD @ 4/7 1PM
Thanks,
Song
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Very uncomfortable

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please consider it before you buy it

Guest

Who cares about some bogus apology ? Did you get your money ? That's all that matters.

Jessica M Als

Verified Reviewer

Two minutes before the show after an hour of begging customer service for tickets is not "on time."

Vivid Seats - Two minutes before the show after an hour of begging customer service for tickets...

I ordered same-day tickets three hours before a show but they were never delivered.

When it got to an hour before the show, I chatted with an agent to ask where my tickets were. I spent the entire car ride there chatting while being assured my tickets would be delivered on time.

We sat outside the venue a while, then got checked in through security, still no tickets, still chatting and spending my evening on begging customer service to get me the tickets I spent $300 on, while I saw other attendees enjoying pre-show drinks and relaxing.

About 5 minutes to showtime --- an hour of customer service chatting --- the agent finally offered me some alternative tickets, five rows back, for the same price. That was my only option, other than just leaving disappointed, so I took it.

The tickets were delivered at 7:28 for a 7:30 show. It was not physically possible to reach our seats in TWO minutes, considering we had to get tickets scanned in, walk up stairs, see an usher, and walk down to our seats.

I spent the first 20 minutes of the show watching on a monitor in the lobby.

After the show, I reached out to Vivid to get them to honor their guarantee that the tickets would be delivered on time for the show. I chatted with multiple agents and was sent through the investigation team and no refunds were offered.

I offered to send photos of my watch showing 7:40 while I watched from a lobby monitor, unable to see the show on time because of the late delivery. Nothing mattered.

Apparently, accepting tickets two minutes before the show (not even the right ones) was "on time" and that means no refunds.

I'll never order from Vivid Seats again, as this was an awful experience for me and they did not even come close to honoring the on-time guarantee. I'm filing a chargeback because I didn't spend $300 on tickets to beg to get in and miss a quarter of the show.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Doesnt deliver tickets
  • Does not honor on time guarantee
  • Considers 2 minutes to showtime on time

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Not worth it. Don't trust the on-time guarantee. You'll be stressed and pissed off when you should be having a good time.

Guest

I don't trust any of them except the original issuing authority. Ever.

Aliyah C Qwb

Verified Reviewer

Fraud ticket, ticket did not work

Vivid Seats - Fraud ticket, ticket did not work
Vivid Seats - Fraud ticket, ticket did not work - Image 2
Vivid Seats - Fraud ticket, ticket did not work - Image 3
Vivid Seats - Fraud ticket, ticket did not work - Image 4
Original review Mar 25, 2024
I was overcharged for a ticket i bought on vivid seats that was a total of 199.50$ thats original price was 121$, the ticket i ordered from vivid seats does not work, so i had to spend another 100$ for another one on ticket master the website that works, i need a dispute/ refund soon as possible. Costumer service here is a extremely slow process and not helpful at all. Good luck

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please do your research on second hand ticket websites

James B Vla

Verified Reviewer

Refund for tickets never received

I ordered four tickets to an NBA game. It was the very first time I used Vivid seats.

I was charged $269.20 on Nov 2nd for 4 tickets. Then on Nov 6th, I got an email saying the order was Placed, Confirmed, and Ready. Since I did not know how to get the tickets and I have no other email with the tickets or instructions, I used the chat feature on two separate occasions to inquire about the tickets. Both times, I was told to wait and that I would receive them by email to the account I provided.

Then I got a message on my phone Dec 14, 3 days before the event saying the tickets had been transferred.

Upon checking my email, I did not see anything about the tickets so I replied to the message but that message was not answered.

At this point I called Vivid Seats and they said to check my email (including junk/spam) and I did but there was no email with the ticket information. The VividSeats representative said they could re-send the tickets. We even updated the email address to my wife's email just in case that was the problem.

After this effort, I still did not receive the tickets and I called on Dec 16 (one day before the event) and they told me to be patient and watch my email inbox. I said I didn't think it was working but they assured me the tickets would be sent.

They said they could cancel the order and send it again.

On the morning of the event, I checked both emails including spam and junk and there was no email. So on Dec 17, the day of the event I called a total of 6 times adding up to over 2hrs and 40 min.

Each time I called, the VividSeats rep assured me to proceed to the event (a 1 hr drive). They assured me to watch for my email and that the tickets would be re-sent. One of the reps also said he would personally make sure this happened.

The reps said they were contacting the seller to re-send the tickets but I never received them. At no point did any of them say I may not receive the tickets even after I expressed great skepticism.

Upon arriving at the arena I called again and was left on hold for over 20 min with no contact and then the call hung up. I waited outside (at near freezing temps) with my kids and called one last time (that day). The person told me an investigation would be opened and that he could not get me tickets.

I went to the ticket counter while on the phone with the Vividseats rep and he relayed to me my ticket info (section, row, and seat) which I relayed to the lady at the ticket counter. She informed me that someone with those tickets already entered the arena an hour ago! This is proof that the tickets were never sent to me.

So I had to buy 4 more tickets to get in (another $280 spent) and we got to our seats with just 3 min remaining in the first quarter. We sat in the very top row of the arena - no one was behind us.

I asked for a refund and was denied.

It was a horrible experience with VividSeats. I never received the tickets and the very seats that I ordered were obviously sold to someone else. Why couldn't the Vivid seats reps inquire with the seller about these tickets and learn that they were sold to someone else? It took me 1 min to learn this at the ticket counter.

I found the Vivid Seats employees to all be very polite and understanding (and sympathetic) but they all encouraged me to go to the event when they should have been able to determine that the tickets were never coming.

They all assured me the tickets would come but they were all wrong. This was misleading.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good prices and polite customers
Cons:
  • I bought tickets and never got them

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: When you see Vivid Seats in the google search - keep on scrolling down.

Guest

You're such a bland little sheep accepting your fate unhesitatingly. "Good prices" for something you didn't get ? Doesn't sound "good" to me.

Jason B Pcm

| map-marker Clinton Township, Michigan

No compensation options for rescheduled event

I had 6 tickets to see Noah Kahan on April 7th, 2024 and the event got rescheduled to April 17th, 2024. I am no longer able to attend the event and I would like to get a full refund on my tickets, however I have found no way to be able to receive my full refund. I tried multiple times on your website to be able to either sell the tickets or be able to just get a refund and it is denying me every time.
Guest

It will never happen. Even the original issuing authority which you shunned does not issue refunds or exchanges.

You're doubly hung because you bought from a disassociated third party. I'd find a way to attend the show even though I've never heard of the performer.

Cynthia S Gii

Never Received Tickets

Vivid Seats - Never Received Tickets
Vivid Seats - Never Received Tickets - Image 2
Vivid Seats - Never Received Tickets - Image 3
Vivid Seats - Never Received Tickets - Image 4
Vivid Seats - Never Received Tickets - Image 5
Vivid Seats - Never Received Tickets - Image 6

I purchased 3 tickets via Vivid Seats for the Jelly Roll concert held on September 22,2023. I received the link for what was supposed to be the tickets I purchased.

Once I arrived to the event and tried loading them, it stated the link was expired and that the seller had canceled the order. Tried to contact customer service but couldn't until hours after the event had started. Now it's been 11 days and they still will not refund my money. I have provided proof of them canceling the tickets and the convention between the live chat customer service that evening.

I asked when I can expect my money returned to my account and I was told they don't know because the investigations department is really busy.

So I am out of hundreds of dollars and yall have no answers! Not sure what there is to investigate considering I have emails of yall canceling everything, and keeping my money, sounds like yall need to be investigated!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Not received

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DONT USE VIVID SEATS!

Kerry L Iwp

I didn't get my ticket before the game. Ord # 6344****

I paid for 3 tickets and only got 2 tickets. I started contacting you before 9 AM. I was on the phone over 2 hours on 04/20. I was promised by 3 different employees that I would have the tickets before the game. I was late to the game because of that. My wife had to stay home from the playoff game. So you have no idea how mad we all are !!! I want to speak to a manger who speaks English well enough that I can understand them and I want a refund ASAP!

Preferred solution: 3 free tickets to Cavs playoffs

User's recommendation: I would never do this to my worst enemy!

map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Never received tickets

Never received tickets Worst customer service ever Someone from Dominican Republic answered my called and didnt know how to help

User's recommendation: Never

Jolie S Tfa

The worst!!!!

This was by far the worst customer service I ever received and Im pretty sure vivid seats is a scam. I explain my situation and even provided proof with screenshots and she said that I must have made a mistake. She provide no support or explanation and hung up on me. I will NEVER order from them again!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • This site is a scam

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not by from vivid seats

Shane R Xdv

Horrible Experience

Vivid Seats - Horrible Experience
Beware consumers!!! Vivid seats sells the same tickets as Ticketmaster at the same time and location for $200 more !!! Customer service is awful and they hung up on me and would not let me talk to a Supervisor. Will never use them again.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible prices and customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Use any other service but them

Jeanet Agv

| map-marker Norfolk, Virginia

Need new password

No help at all unless I pay for it.. I already bought my tickets what in the heck is that? I just need to know how to print my dad going

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article